zaterdag 20 juli 2013

I segment oranges for fun


I had a very challenging day today and the one thing that really helps me to calm down is cooking a nice meal, as you can see on the picture. I made spaghetti with meatballs, and honestly: those were the best little meatballs in the world. You'll find the recipe below.

I can almost hear you thinking: why that title? Well, I made my store bought tiramisu look a bit fancier by putting it on a plate with some segmented oranges. It looked really nice, so nice I finished it before I had time to take a picture haha. But it was fun to try that technique :).

And now the recipe:
250g of pork mince
250g of beef mince
1 egg
1 handful of parmesan
A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 handful of breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons of mustard
Pepper and salt

I mixed everything together and made A LOT of little meatballs with wet hands, using wet hands makes it easier to roll them. I then put them in the fridge while I made a tomato sauce (2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 red chilli, 2 cans of chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp of tomato paste, half a chicken stok cube and let it bubble away for half an hour). Then I got the meatballs out of the fridge and I put them in the oven until they are nice and brown (I play around with the settings, I started with a regular oven on 200 degrees Celcius and then I switched to a fan combined with the grill, doesn't matter how, as long as they get nice and golden brown). When that is done I dunk them in the sauce and I cook the pasta. 

Done! Give it a try, I'd love to hear what your recipe for perfect meatballs is :).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten