zaterdag 15 februari 2014

These are a few of my favorite things!

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels,
Doorbells and sleighbells and schnitzel with noodles,

Haha just joking! (Although I wouldn't pass on a good apple strudle!)

Happy saturday! 
It's weekend again and my mind has cleared up from all those stress clouds that were so dominant last week! The moment I know things are going well and relaxed again is when I start to notice all those little things that can make you so happy. That is why I am sharing those with you now, maybe you're stressed out and you need a little reminder of life's joys, or maybe you are already on a life-high, in that case we can ride that wave together! High-five! Yeah! (Did i just virtually high-five you...? I guess I did hahahaha)

1. First of all, I got my new glasses! Finally! I've been waiting for 4 weeks before they were ready! I don't really mind wearing contacts, but I hated my old glasses, so every time I would wear them I would feel seriously unpretty. Definitely not a way you want to feel because of something silly as glasses... But now I've got these and I like them ;). What do you think?

My new Vogue Specs :)

2. Yesterday I had the best valentines day ever, and the best thing about it was that it wasn't a big deal for once! It sounds really boring but I really like the security I have with Joost as my boyfriend, while at the same time we go out of our way to do all these fun things together. It's so uncomplicated! We had an excellent dinner though, tapas like they are supposed to be and a good glass of red wine for me and some beers for Joost :).

The best tapas in town!

3. I read somewhere that with celebrating valentines day we also celebrate spring winning the battle with winter, and I totally agree with celebrating that! Spring is about a month early (or so I read), but I started noticing little green buds and pastel colored flowers in gardens and fields. Best time of the year ever! 

Bright green buds on a tree

4. With spring comes a different set of clothes, not everyone might agree with me but I cannot wear the same colors in winter as in summer. In winter I wear a lot of burgundy, black, dark blue and green (and I think winter has been going on too long according to Joost because he starts to comment on my amount of dark clothes now haha). While in summer I wear more brights, corals, mint greens, white and light blue. My mother is actually a really good seamstress, so today we went to a large fabric wholesale store (the ones participants of project runway go to as well), and we picked up some lovely fabrics for a pair of pants, a blouse and a dress for me. The colors are so bright, you can only get happy looking at them! Love!

Beautiful fabrics for some summary clothes

And then there were all these little other things: shouting at the television because a Dutch ice-skater almost won a gold medal, apart from 0,003 seconds (Koen Verweij, if you read this, we're still so proud!!), finally figuring out a knitting pattern, treating yourself to a Starbucks cappuccino with cinnamon, and it goes on and on and on!

I hope I have inspired you a bit, let me know in the comments what you have enjoyed today and let's keep this happy-wave rolling and infecting many more people!

Lots of love and happiness,
Floor






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten